So here’s my list of the top pizza in NYC! My criteria is that I get a cheese slice or pie from every place, then whatever their most popular pie/slice is! All I know is I eat, and enjoy every bite of it. If it’s not on the list, it means I haven’t ventured into those yummy territories yet. Please let me know! Enjoy!
1. Di Fara’s Pizza – 1424 Ave J, Midwood, Brooklyn
2. Keste – 271 Bleecker St. btwn Cornelia St. and Jones St.
3. 2 Brothers aka Dollar Slice – 32 St. Marks St. btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave – better than most 4$ slices, just don’t go for the ambiance, get your slice and eat on the go.
4. Artichoke Pizza – multiple locations – 328 E 14th St.
5. Bleecker St. Pizza – 69 7th Ave – very good must order their special slice, not the cheese
6. Famous Joes Pizza – 7 Carmine St. – where spiderman went? Not memorable.
7. Lombardi’s – 32 Spring St.
8. Monty Qs – 158 Montague st. Brooklyn -reminded me of a Digorno frozen pizza. Crust was and the sauce was sweet. I’ve had worse. But they were usually cheaper than 2.75. It’s more of a wanna be pizza chain serving pasta, salad and other Italian fare. No sense of community and not very good service.
9. Pomodoros – Spring St. – ok, tasted like air good for a late night pizza place in soho
10. Grimaldis – 19 Old Fulton St. – whole pies only, cash only